Thursday, January 31, 2008

Potty Training Stinks

Oh the joys. Why oh why do I stress so much over potty training? I think its par for the course for a mother, but dang. Elle has been using the potty now for exactly one week tomorrow. And well, it's going surprisingly well. With Em I pushed her a little hard cause I wanted her to go and now with Elle, I let her make up her own mind. So, last Friday she woke up dry, I asked her if she wanted to go and she said yes. She peed on the potty and ran to her fully stocked panty drawer, picked out a green pair of Dora panties and so it began. Sure, I walk around with a bottle of carpet cleaner and microfiber towels all day long, but she is getting the hang of it. And I can honestly say that she did it herself. I knew it would happen in time.

I do have a funny story. One that Jay won't be too proud of, but it's funny nonetheless. Anyone who knows Jay knows he has a weak stomach. Surprisingly he has handled diaper changes well for the last 4+ years. Well, yesterday I took Em to dance and of course Elle figures that the best time to "download" so poor Daddy had to deal with poopy panties. I guess it was REALLY bad cause when I got home Jay was finishing up vomitting and Elle was crying cause Daddy flushed her panties. LOL. He felt so awful, but I laughed and luaghed and laughed some more. We explained to Elle that Daddy was just washing her panties, but with the puke all over them, he just flushed them. Gross huh? Yep. The joys of potty training. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. :)

I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I told my mom that I was just going to potty train Ce-Bop while I was at it and have 'em all done. We have been changing diapers in this house for 4 years and 5 months. Thats a long time. And most of that time we have had two kids in diapers. IF we didn't cloth diaper can you imagine that diaper bill and the amount of diapers that we would be contributing to the landfills?? Dang.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH for cloth diapers!
And YEAH for Elle! I hope she "gets" it fully really soon...for your sake. And Jay's. Poor poor Jay.

Tiffany said...

Oh man, flushed panties- poor Elle and poor hubby!