Thursday, January 31, 2008

I just wanna work out for goodness sake!

Thats what I get for waiting until 10:30 to work out. I started my exercise obsession the first full week of January and since then I have worked out all but 4 days (I allow one week off a week.) Now, by working out I don't mean heavy lifting, running miles, treadmills, machines yadda yadda. I mean me, myself and a mall walk or two a week for an hour. Maybe a jaunt around the neighborhood for an hour or perhaps a dvd or vhs of the latest workout craze. I got two Biggest Loser dvds for a belated Christmas present and I love them! I do Pilates and Yoga here and there and you can't go wrong with a little Aerobic Strip Tease. Haha! I've been known to hit the step with babe in arm for added weight resistance. We are making this exercise thing a family affair thats for sure!

So, Em and Elle are asleep. The house is picked up and ready for the morning and it's quiet. Well, except for Ce-Bop. Dang-it! I can't get the kid to sit by herself for 30 minutes. I've tried it all...the Bumbo, the bouncy, the glider, the swing, the play gym, the rattles, every gizmo and gadget I can think of and here I sit....blogging with a kid attached to my boob. Geez Louise. I don't care if I am up till midnight. I will fit in a 30 minute workout!! I am determined now! This baby weight ain't budging without some hard work!

On a potty training note. We made it out of the house today with a potty training kid! We were fresh out of produce and we needed more, so it was do or die. I did chicken out and put a pull up on before we left the house, but as we were checking out at Vince and Joe's, Elle told me she had to go potty, so I grabbed her hand and one of Em's hands and we flew to the far back corner of the store. Thank goodness Jay was with me and he stayed with the groceries and Ce-Bop. We got into the bathroom and I neatly placed about a roll of toilet paper on top of a few seat covers and the little stinker sat down and peed. I am certain the lady in the stall next to us thought we were a little looney, but we had a little potty party in the handicap stall of the Vince and Joes bathroom. To top it off, she lifted her Nike clad foot and flushed the potty with it. Obviously her Mommy is teaching her well. My guess is the kid has this potty thing in the bag. I never pushed. I let her take the lead and sure it took almost three years, but it's worked in less than a week! Go Momma! Go Elle!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you get your workout in today!

And YEAH for the potty training! Love the imagery of the potty party at V&Js. Nothing says "mommyhood" like that does.