Saturday, February 2, 2008

A laid back Saturday is always good

It's Saturday and we have nothing to do. I love it! We went to gymnastics this morning and then to the library. We came home, had lunch and now Ce is sleeping and the big girls are upstairs playing ponies. I do have a few loads of laundry to do, but I am only on the first rinse of the diapers so I have two more of those to go. I do have to clean up a bit, but that can be done fairly quickly. Jay is working today, so I have till 6:30 to make this house his castle. :D Lots of time!

Got a great workout in the other night, as I was determined to do. I am rocking the block. I just embarked on a six week Biggest Loser work out plan. I am on day three today and my legs are on fire- but only when I try to do an unplanned lunge or squat. I can tell that its working cause my butt is 12 pounds less. It makes it all worthwhile when I see lower numbers on the scale, I tell ya. I have made the commitment and darn it, I am going to stick with it.

Potty training? Dang! Elle is ON FIRE! The entire time at gymnastics and the library, she stayed dry. She told me one at gymnastics she wanted to go, and we tried to no avail. She stayed dry though and thats all that matters. (mental note to self.... a leotard and tights with a sweatshirt over are NOT potty training friendly clothes. ) That was a challenge in itself. Elle super duper loves gymnastics and I swear she is going to be the one to put herslef thru school doing something physical. She loves to run and jump and do the balance beam and the spring board but most of all the parrallel bars. Thats just her thing. She is taking a huge interest in reading and writing. I think she likes to follow Emily's lead every now and again. I love seeing the blooming artist she is becoming and love spending time reading with her and coloring.

Emily is continuing to shock the heck out of us! She is so stinking smart it scares me sometimes. Not only is she reading the labels on all the food on the table and the signs on the road and the pages in her coloring book, she has moved on to actual books. There is a section in the library full of reading books for beginner readers. I overheard the librarian telling another parent about them when we were there last week. I mosied on over to the section and found an easy reader Cinderella. Well, Em sat down and read the whole thing cover to cover by herself. And even corrected herself on a few words. This week alone she read her school library book, Jump Frog Jump, Go Dog Go, The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Cinderella, Hop on Pop, and Polite as a Princess. I am amazed everytime she does it. At just over four thats quite a feat!

And Cecelia...What can I say, the kid is growing like crazy. She is constantly laughing or talking. I swear she is going to give her sisters a run for their money. If she is awake, nine chances out of ten she is talking. I was talking to my dad last night on the phone and he heard her across the room. The kid sure loves to make noise. It's all good noise, though, so we love it! She is already scooting. Yesterday I was getting the big girls in the tub and laid Cecelia on the bathmat and she scooted herself right off. Crazy kid!

Never ever a dull moment over here. Ever. :D

No comments: