Monday, February 25, 2008

Upon Ellisa's Request

A friend of mine holla'ed my today and asked me where my blog entry was. Shhesh. I have a lot to catch up on thats for sure. I think I am going to have to do a separate blog for today and one for Denver in general. I will start with today....well...ok...the last WEEK! (or is it two???)

I am just getting over Bronchitis. Its really crappy! Wednesday we took the big girls to see Dr. Curt (my childhood dentist that I saw for 19- yes, 19 years) I waited patiently to switch insurances so that I could take Em and Elle there. I swear with all the crazy work I had done on my teeth, you'd think I'd hate the place, but I still have fond memories and I want the kids to have that too. I don't care the cost of it. Going to the dentist is important and I want them to feel comfortable. I am happy to report great brushing scores and no cavities for either one. They got new toothbrushes, paste, floss and stickers and each one came out proudly displaying their own fake lizard. A pink one for Em and a green one for Elle (they wouldn't have it any other way)

Wednesday night we came home and I wanted to cry. I couldn't get warm and I felt dizzy. Thursday I felt a little better. Friday was horrible. I woke up at 5am coughing and had a 101 temp. I called to cancel Miss Hannah for the day and literally spent the day on the recliner. Friday night my temp went up to 102 and I broke down and took some tylenol. Jay woke me at 5:30 am Saturday when he got home from work and my temp was 103.8. I figured I should probably go to the doctor. My parents took the girls for the day cause my mom said I needed to rest and I came home with a script and some juice and slept all day. IT was kinda nice. I have been a veggie ever since Saturday. I guess thats the only way I am going to get better, but lets face it, the house has taken a beating. I need to muster up some strength to clean for goodness sake. At least the diapers are washed. :)

The girls are doing well. Miss Ce-Bop ROLLED over yesterday. Twice. I wasn't prepared for this. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later, but I could have held out a few more months..or years....She is just so darn cute. She talks and laughs and blows raspberries now. Such a little person and I love it! Elle is keeping right up with her potty progress. We signed her up today for DANCE. She starts the second week in March and I am not sure she could be more excited to be "just like Emily." Emily is continuing in dance and was more than excited to get back to school today after mid-winter break. Less than a month and she will have another week off for Easter. Then she has 2 months and she is DONE! Summer break and then KINDERGARTEN! My goodness!

We sat yesterday and watched movies from the last 2 years. My gosh! I was laughing and crying and giggling. I couldn't help myself. It amazes me sometimes that I survived having Em and then 18 months later having Elle. I was overwhelmed looking at the videos. But what fun! It was so wonderful and I don' think that if I could I would ever change the age gap they have. They will always be friends and always be together. Now I only wonder if I can talk Jay into the same age gap between Cecelia and one more............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awwww....thanks for the update, hon. It's always nice to hear the details of your family life. I hope you're feeling better really really soon!!

And I know...kindergarten. I'm shocked, sad and I won't talk about it. If I don't talk about it, it won't happen, right?!?!

Kim Cervone said...

I'm so gald that you are still with us. i thought maybe you became a ski instructor and wrote off Michigan! I'm glad your trip went off without a hitch. Sorry you got sick once you were home though!!