Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's Sunday. It's cold.

Wow! What a difference in weather. Its freezing today! We decided to stay in all day and do a whole lotta nothing. We were supposed to hit church this morning, but the thermometer said 8 and with the wind blowing I knew it was below zero, so I made the call to keep all the kids in today. Jay went out for a paper and coffee creamer, but he said his cheeks froze in the 2 minutes he was outside. A good day to sit in with a blazing fire and keep warm. Maybe a few board games and a bit of laundry and it will be the perfect day!

Em and Elle stayed Friday night at Busia's. Jay and I had a funeral to attend Saturday morning. I went to visitiation Friday night and called to check on the girls when I got home. As I was on the phone with my mom, Em threw up all over, so I hung up and rushed out to my mom's. We ended up staying at Busia's for the night and all snuggled up in the family room. One puke was all it took for Em and she was fine after that. Thank goodness. Needless to say we missed the funeral, but I couldn't leave my sick peanut. I have to say it was kinda nice staying with my mom and dad. It was literally 3 on 3. Plus Auntie Laura. Man, oh man. It was a pretty easy night. We all took a kid and everyone was happy. :)

I got on the scale yesterday morning when I got home (and that was after 2 Eggo waffles at my moms) I lost 14 pounds! I was so excited I almost cried. Granted, I know the weight has been coming off. I notice it in my pants and people are actually noticing. It makes me feel good- Kinda like I wanna do another walk for the day, or another Biggest Loser Workout. I.WILL.LOSE.THE.REST. 36 more pounds and I will be a new person. A new healthier person. A new person who doesn't get short of breath. A new person who looks good in a pair of shorts. A new person who doesn't LOOK like they birthed three kids in four years. A new person who can be a role model for her kids. Yes. A whole new person and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

keep up the good work!! you are doing great!
Glad to hear the kids aren't sick!
ps i love staying at my mom's. makes me miss it even more some days!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Glad the puke wasn't anything serious. Hope you enjoyed your Stay At Home Sunday!