Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Denver Colorado

Leon, Lucias, Laura, Cecelia and me






We made itr home from Denver! Took me long enough to tell you that, huh? I JUST unpacked suitcases last night and we have been home a week! Its that darn Bronchitis I tell you. Shot me right down. Here are two pics for now. The first one is Cecelia and I at Hard Rock Cafe Denver. I think this will go down in history as one of my favorite pics of myself. I think its the hat. I still wish I would have stole it away in my suitcase. I think Leon would have missed it, but whats he gonna do?? Come to my house and kick my ass?? I don't think so. In the meantime, I am on the lookout for the same hat. I NEED one! The second pic is from atop the Continental Divide. Pretty isn't it??


We had a smashing trip! Friday morning came EARLY as my alarm went off at 4am. Our flight was at 9, but we had to get there early and I did have a few last minute things to do in the morning. The flight out was GREAT! Cecelia slept the entire time minus the maybe 15 minutes she spent nursing. Not too bad for a three hour flight. We found Leon at the airport and headed to McD's for some grub. Friday we spent the day at home lounging and doing a whole lotta nothing. Just loving on the new baby Lucias and catching up with Leon and Jaylene. Saturday morning we got up and walked up to Einstein Brothers for some breakfast and then hit the road for the mountains. I am still in awe of the natural beauty and decided that if my husband and kids and parents and sisters decided that they wanted to move to Denver we would go too. We drove thru Loveland Pass and watched the skiers and snowboarders. We gave a ride to five snowboarders headed up the mountain, took some pictures and circled back down. We made a pit stop at Red Rocks Ampitheatre. I think that classifies as one of my favorite places on Earth. It's beautiful! Saturday night we had QDoba and went to bed.


Sunday we headed out to the Sixth Street Mall. I was on a mission to find a couple of WebKinz for the girls and I needed to get it done. Unfortunately, the Sixth Street Mall is not the place to find them. WE walked in the cold and never came across a Hallmark and only found a Carlton Cards that was closed and a florist that was closed both with signs in the window that said they carried WebKinz. We stopped in at Hard Rock for a snack and a pilsner of Blue Moon (I think I may have said about 100 times that weekend that Blue Moon is my new favorite beer- YUM!!) and headed back home. Then Leon took me to Cherry Creek Mall and we found some Web Kinz. What an awesome mall. A little too spendy for my taste, but cool nonetheless. I have never in my life seen some of the stores that were in there...Movado, Urban Behavior, Janie and Jack, Pumpkin Patch....and then of course there were my old favorites...Prada, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Juicy Couture....Ha! There was surely no Sears or JCPenney there. I got my WebKinz and we bailed.


We got home and had some elk tenderloin, mashies, and green bean cassarole for dinner~a whole lotta yumminess for me. I thought for sure I would hate elk, but it is actually pretty scrumptious. We hung out the rest of the evening taking movies and pictures of the babies. All I can say is that nephew of mine, Lucias, is one cute kid. I happen to know all about cute kids cause I have three, but he is as cute as they come. I am still so very excited that we went and that I have those priceless photos of Cecelia and her cousin. It's not like they are going to see each other on a regular basis. They are talking about coming home in June and then again for Christmas. I can't wait!


The flight home went as smooth as the flight there. Cecelia again slept all the way home and got up for a minute when the pilot announced out descent on Detroit. She is a world class traveler for sure! I'd take her anytime. However, I have decided that as soon as Cecelia is big enough to not need her MOmma so much, she is gonna stay, too, and Jay and I are going to go out and enjoy the sights and a little more of the AWESOME nightlife that Denver has to offer. Thats my plan!



1 comment:

Kim Cervone said...

Definitely the hat, your skin looks awesome too. That crisp fresh air must perk up a tired mommy!! You should have took the hat...as a parting gift.