Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Two more days

And the countdown is on.....

Two more days until Laura and I depart for Denver with a baby in tow. I bet it will be a whole new experience for Laura. She goes from traveling with Donovan and her friends to traveling with a baby and her sister. I bet we will be the most lively crowd. I have to say that Cecelia is one lucky girl. It took me 16 years to fly on an airplane. My virgin flight was to London, England with a group of highschoolers. She is 4 months old and already jet-setting. There is no way to leave her with as attached to the boob as she is, plus I am having a little issue with leaving Em and Elle for so long. Despite being in the hospital twice to have babies this is the longest either of them will have been away from me...and its only 3 days!!

I can't wait to see my newest nephew. I tell ya. The last 7 months have been great. I became an aunt for the first time in June and then again in January. I have waited several long years for this and I finally have the title of Auntie Lorene. I couldn't be happier. I only wish that we lived closer to my brother and his wife and the baby. Denver is a long way to send hugs. Thank goodness for my mom and dad's webcam cause at least we can see him!! It's only a matter of time before I talk Jay into one for our house. :)

I am being paged upstairs. Apparently CeBop is tired of her bouncy seat- who can blame her- she just spent my Biggest Loser workout in it and now my blog time. Stick a fork in her...she's DONE. Good night.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Have fun on your trip Lorene!! Em and Elle will be fine!! Enjoy your time with your new nephew!!

Kim Cervone said...

I understand your dilemna. A vacation without your girls is a wonderful and horrible thing. Eric and I went away for a few nights before we had Reagan. I was only able to stay away for one night. Enjoy your time. You will appreciate them more more when you get home!! Safe travels! Let's set up a playdate when you get home. Avery's been asking.