Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hi. My name is Lorene

and I am an addict. lol.

When I had Emily, I was addicted to clothes. Clothes for her. I needed something new for her to wear to every function, every holiday. She NEEDED clothes. Cute clothes. Pink clothes. Ruffley clothes.

When I had Elle, I was addicted to matching clothes. I even warned Jay when I was pregnant with her that if we had girl number two, he was going to go broke. lol. Every holiday, the girls had matching clothes. Every family function, yup, matching clothes. Every Sunday for church. Yup. Matching dresses. I was a fool for clothes. I would walk up to a rack and if I didn't see two of the sizes I needed, I walked away.

Now that Cecelia has blessed our lives, the kid has more than her fair share of clothes. She literally has two of almost everything. So...what's a Momma to do?? I needed a new obsession. I did cloth diaper Elle from about 16 months on, but I don't have any small or medium dipes. Obsession #1. Cloth diapers. Obsession #2, shoes. A girl needs shoes to go with all those adorable hand-me-down outfits. Robeez are still my favorite, but only cause Ce-Bop is so small. Give me a few more months. A few of the ladies on my mom board ( I will not name any names to protect the innocent haha) have turned me on to new shoes. New shoes that I MUST HAVE! (too bad I was just telling JAy how I am going to work on tightening my belt a bit...) And biggest obsession....#3 is Baby Legs. Dear Lord. I can't get enough. Think little leg warmers for babies and kids (http://www.babylegs.net/) I love them! They make diaper changes a breeze and make every outfit adorable! Cecelia wears them on her legs and her arms, which gives a little more life to the short-sleeved summer outfits. I think we are up to *gasp*22 pair. A girlfriend of mine just dropped off another 6 to me today and I am dying to get them out and try them on. I am so freaking obsessed, I find myself going to the Baby Legs drawer first in the morning and picking a pair out, then color coordinating a diaper and finally an outfit. Yup. I am that crazy. I think I need a life. :)

The funniest thing of it all....I am wearing a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes too big and my shirt is 6 years old. Hey, I might not be "in style" but dang it, my kids are super duper well dressed. I used to laugh at my mom for wearing old clothes, but now I know why she did it. I don't care what I look like anymore. The only satisfaction I need is well dressed kids. :)

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Protect the innocent!
Protect the innocent!
ROFL!!!

If your obsessions are wrong, I don't wanna be right. :)

Unknown said...

yeah. I'm with you on the obsessions. And I have a boy!! It's not a gender thing! We have more dipes than the kid can wear in 5 days! And Shoes...oh honey. The shoes. We have 10 pair of babylegs. But if only they made more "boy" ones....

Our poor husbands.

Kim Cervone said...

Your obsessions are legal and your children will outgrow them for you. What could be an easier obsession?? BTW, the girls looked so cute in their MATCHING velour at the preschool fieldtrip!