Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March

and Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

My goodness. I have been MIA for almost the entire month of February. Its been busy. And fun! And more busy.

Onto March. Hopefully this weather freking warms up soon. I almost froze at the bus stop. Its COLD! Jay and I were lucky enough to have a night out on Saturday. My parents and my sister took the girls over night so Jay and I made the most of it. We went out to dinner with our $2 gift card worth $25. That was awesome! Then we picked up Jay's friend Tom and headed out to Detroit. I can tell you that its been a very long while since I had a night out like this! ANd it was so fun! We started out at Motor City Brewery and Nathan met us there. We stayed until almost 2am I think. Then we headed over to Lafayette Coney Island. Its older than old and smaller than small. Apparently the food is awesome. I wouldn't know. My belly was too full from the 4 sodas I drank at the brewery to have room for anything else. Then we headed back to Tom's capping the evening off at 4am. That was nuts. I can tell you that I laughed harder and had more fun Saturday night than I have had in a long time.

Sunday the girls came back and we laid low. Daddy was a little slow moving....wonder why and I was TIRED! So, we hung out played some WebKinz and had a fire. I made some killer meatloaf and mashies for dinner and the girls went to bed extra early. Cecelia was sleeping before 8 which is a rareity.

Happy March everyone. Lets hope that the weather makes it above 40 sometime soon!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy March! And I too hope it warms up here soon!

Sounds like a super fun evening!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun!!!!
Hopefully this weekend will be warmer too.

Kim Cervone said...

I cannot remember the last time I was up that late..maybe up that early, I can remember. You deserved a grown up night (and morning) of fun : )

The Three Little Bears said...

FYI - I am giving away a free bumgenius 3.0 diaper to celebrate my birthday! Check out my blog for details!

Love... Hot Belly Mama