Tuesday, June 16, 2009

22 weeks

So much for playing catch up....
one of these days.

Today marks the start of my 22nd week of pregnancy! I can't believe that I am more than half way! If this baby follows in Elle and Cece's footsteps, he or she will be here in 15 weeks! I am hoping for just a little longer than that, but I can handle whatever happens. :)

I had my 22 week appt today and it was the first one I went to alone. We bought a new pool yesterday and the girls wanted to stay home and fill it with Daddy. I took that as a 1/2 hour break for myself and headed out....alone.

The baby's heartbeat was 151 and I'm measuring about 22-23 cm. Right on target. I asked the doctor what he recommended I do about the horrid leg pains I have been having and he suggested trying a maternity support belt. The girls and I ran right out and got one and I have yet to notice too much of a difference, but maybe soon? HOPEFULLY soon! We also spoke about not wanting any triple dye used on the baby's umbilical cord and he said whatever I wanted was fine by him. This would be why I love my OB so much! There are a few other things I am going to request and am actually thinking of doing a birth plan for this baby- moreso for the nurses than for him. But we'll see.

Things are going well and I am just enjoying each day of this pregnancy. Enjoying the nesting most of all and getting a lot done- though with the house torn apart right now, you'd never guess. I guess it has to get messy before it gets clean, right?

2 comments:

Jen said...

I think a birthing plan is a great idea!

Hope the belt starts to help soon!

Kim Cervone said...

triple dye??? Explain please : ) Does baby have a name or is that a secret??