Friday, January 16, 2009

Got you (Where I want you)

Man, I haven't heard this song in years. Seriously, its been A LONG TIME! When Jay and I started dating, we HAD to have "a song." I think all 18 year old girls need to have a song. We had a hard time picking one. One day I was looking thru Jay's cd collection and found this cd. I knew a lot about music and had never heard of this band. I still don't know a darn thing about them. I don't know a thing about the song and I don't really know all the words. How horrible is that? But I love the slow beginning of it and I love the words that I do know. Had I not been so in love with Aerosmith and had this song not had such a fast beat in the middle I know this would have been our wedding song.

I think this would be prime example of why everyone needs a song. I listen to this song and the memories are flooding back. Is it funnier than hell that I have these little butterflies right now? I know I am weird, but if there is a song related to an event, I can recall the event like it was yesterday. I love music and I love the memories music creates for me.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I love the memories that music gives me as well. Mark and I purposely listen to the early 90's music for that specific reason!

Unknown said...

Good song! I love the feelings that come back with music!

Kim Cervone said...

A song sure can have an effect on your emotions, can't it? There is a song on the radio lately that makes me sob : )