Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Annual Bowling Extravaganza

Each and every year we have gotten together with my family either at Christmas time or in January depening on when my brother and sister in law come "home" for Christmas and bowl. It's been our tradition for at least five years that I can remember. I have pictures of four month old Emily hanging out in her stroller in the bowling alley. I have pictures of me 7 months pregnant with Elle bowling away. We bowl a few games, share a few pitchers of bowling alley beer and eat a few too many assorted deep fried bullshits (the name we lovingly call all the deep fried yummy, artery clogging food that the bowling alley serves) Seriously, it might very well be one of my favorite days of the year.

This year Emily and Elizabeth bowled. We got them their own lane with bumpers and a ramp thingie and they had a blast. Especially Emily. I am thinking bowling league when they get a little older. :) This year we also tagged along two babies. Cecelia wanted nothing more than to walk down the lanes and Lucias had fun hanging out in the exersaucer. (How white trash, right? Taking an exersaucer to the bowling alley. I think its rather funny myself)

And for the record, the first game, I beat EVERYONE except my dad. Not too shabby. I was only 2 pins below him, too. I could have beat him, but I choked my last frame. The pressure was too much. Haha.








3 comments:

Jen said...

Looks fun!! Anna likes to bowl too!

Kim Cervone said...

I am cracking up thinking of the sight of you all with your kids, your beer, your fried BS and your exersaucer. White trash is so not you...but the fun was worth what fellow bowlers thought, right?? great pictures

Unknown said...

What a fun tradition to keep.