Friday, January 16, 2009

Money saving to the maxx

I am on a mission this year to cut down our spending and to build a stockpile of commonly used products in our house. (buying stuff we don't need is a waste of money, afterall)

I have found CVS and the nifty extra care bucks (ecbs) that they give you for buying products in their store. The beauty is when you have a coupon and they give you free money to spen in their store. Last week after spending $7.40 out of pocket (oop) I got 3 packs of Kotex feminine products, 2 packs of soy joy bars, 4 glade air fresheners, 2 dish soaps and a two pack of toothpaste. (that was like $36 worth of stuff!!) So, needless to say, we are taking advantage of that and I am learning every week how to make the most of my money there.

Today we went to Meijer (Jay has been to Meijer every day this week because we read that they only let you double two identical coupons for ine item) Jay stops every day on the way to and from work because we bought 20 coupons for Chex Mix on ebay. They were for $.50 off and doubled to $1 and it was on sale for $1. Twenty FREE bags of Chex Mix! Can you even imagine?
I can almost gurantee that at least a few will end up in the food basket at church. :)

Anyway, today we went as a family with coupons in hand. I bought only sale items. Even all the meat and produce I bought was on sale (well, excpet the bananas) We spent $98.xx and saved $99.xx. We had over $32 in coupons. I was so very excited! ( I know, its the little things) I guess all the browsing ads and coupons this week really paid off for us!

It's amazing to see how many people- young and old- are shopping for coupons these days. Its so cool to me. And its like free money! LOVE IT!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Can you coach me? How awesome! I love reading stories such as these, except I can never make it work for me.

Unknown said...

I love it too!!
Don't forget to get extra copies of the newspaper tomorrow!!!!!

Kim Cervone said...

Now, this entry gives me chills!! Way to go, Lorene!