Friday, May 30, 2008

What a month

This month has been a whirlwind. I can't even imagine we are fast approaching JUNE! When did that happen? We are also fast approaching my birthday! Yikes! 28? When did THAT happen? Yesterday we celebrated Jay's 33rd bithday! We met when he was 23 and I was 18. We've done a lot in 10 years thats for sure. We had a nice lunch at Don Pablos (the girls picked cause they know Daddy LOVES it) complete with a sopapilla (sp?) for dessert and a round of singing from the staff. The girls were so excited and Mommy could have inhaled that whole dessert- if you've never had one, you don't know what you are missing.

I've been trying to get things in order around the house for an upcoming garage sale. I have so much stuff to get rid of its hard to decide where to begin. I think I am going to ship the big girls off to my moms for the weekend so they don't see all their old toys disappearing. They are already having a fit when they haven't looked at them in years. Our house has become overtaken by toys and it needs to stop!

We got a new van! Finally! I think that God was on my side cause Jay kept telling me that once we re-fi'ed the house we would get a van. I kid you not, we signed the papers on Tuesday and Thursday Jay went to start his car and it was D-E-A-D! So, he looked at me and told me that we'd have to go look. The next week, we drove out of MEadowbrook Dodge in our brand new Dodge Grand Caravan. Man, she's a beauty. Sunburst orange and room galore. Love it! Thanks, hubby, for the new wheels. (Note...in 17 years of driving this is Jay's FIRST brand new car- I'd like to think that he deserves it :) )

The gym has taken a bit of a backseat, though I hate to admit it. I WILL get back June 1st and by September I will meet my first big goal. With dance and school and garage sales and vacation and everything else, though not an excuse, its just been hard. Today though is the last day of preschool as we know it (for two years anyway) and then comes the big Kindergarten! Wowzers. So come Monday I will be at the gym by 11 am with three girls in tow. I CAN DO THIS!

I guess I am going to break this up into a few good entries. DOn't want to write a novel. I have a dance recital, a trip up north and an almost 8 month birthday to blog about.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I cannot believe it's almost June already either!! Just crazy how fast time flies by.

Sounds like you and the girls had a fun birthday lunch with Jay!