Thursday, July 31, 2008

Fish

Yesterday we spent the day at my mom and dad's with my Aunt Rita, my cousins Renee and Karen and my cousins' kids Evan, Alivia, Caleb and Rachel. I guess Emily and Elizabeth were excited to show off a little. They always have been great swimmers and have loved the water since day one. I was so proud this year when neither of them needed floaties in the water but only rings to jump off the diving board.

Wellllll....apparently, Emily was all about keeping up with the big kids. Yesterday she put on a pair of goggles and plugged her nose and took off swimming UNDER the water. And she is good at it. I mean really good. Then she shocked the heck out of me by getting on the diving board with no armies or floaties and jumping off into nine feet of water with nothing but her goggles. Then, she swam to the side and climbed up the ladder. I was beaming with pride.

Not to be outdone, Elizabeth grabbed a pair of goggles and told me she was going under too. And she did. Not too shabby for kids who can't stand to have water dumped on their head in the bath. I think by the end of this summer or the beginning of next, she will probably be doing the same thing as Emily. I am so very proud of the little fish they are and only hope that they continue with their love for the water. Maybe that will help when we try and talk Daddy into a pool someday. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great! Put those girls on the swimteam!