Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life with Cecelia

Well. It seems as though my itty bitty isn't so itty bitty anymore. YIKES!

Tuesday night I plopped Cecelia in her pack and play long enough to vaccuum the upstairs. She was in her bedroom and I took the gate down so I could vaccuum. While I was in Em and Elle's room, Emily came in and told me she "had the most wonderful news for me." She grabbed my hand and led me to Cecelia's room and there was my itty bitty STANDING in her pack and play bouncing up and down. At that very moment I was so proud but yet so sad. There is no denying it- she's getting bigger.

The next morning, we were cleaning up and getting ready for breakfast. My morning ritual is to get Cecelia up, change her and take her downstairs to the third level living room/toy room while I make breakfast. Wednesday morning Elizabeth was semi helping and wandered off into the family room in the front of the house and was watching the birds in the front yard. I joined her at the window and we were counting the birds. All of a sudden I heard a close Cecelia sneeze and turned around to see her at the top of the stairs. Obviously she wanted to join in our fun, too. Thankfully she didn't fall backwards, though and knock herself out. I always used the living room as her safe place cause it's baby proofed. Now, though, I guess thats not an option anymore. Within 12 hours the kid learned to stand and crawl up the stairs. What's next? I guess only time will tell.

And you wonder why I have a hard time finding the time to blog. lol

No comments: