Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Halloween Weekend

Well since I can't figure out the new camera, I am gonna have to wait for Jay to hook the bad boy up. Ugh. I love being technologically impaired.

Halloween was rather uneventful. Jay took the night off work, which was super nice for him to have a three day weekend. The weather was so nice I felt as if we were doing something wrong with it being daylight and WARM. I felt like we were trick or treating in June!

The girls made it the entire 2 hours. Cecelia hung out in her stroller and the big girls walked. The plan was for me to take them for the first hour and meet Jay for the second, but he was busy chatting with the neighbor when we got half way done, so I kept going with the girls. By the time we got back, Jay was chatting with not one. Not two, but three neighbors and passing out candy.

The girls got home and passed out from the excitement of the day. We turned in early cause we had a BIG weekend planned.

Saturday we all got dressed up to attend the Past Grand Knights Ball for the Knights of Columbus. My grandpa and his family (thats us) got nominated for Family of the Year. We all surprised my grandpa because he had no idea. We danced and ate and partied with the family. It was a great tribute to my grandfather and all the volunteer work that he does.

Sunday we had Festivus with Jay's family. Its early Thanksgiving and Christmas spent with his parents, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, aunt, uncle and cousins. It's so much fun and so great to see everyone. The kids exchanged gifts and the adults did a White Elephant exchange. I ended up with a pair of candy underware and Jay with a foam finger from a Tigers game. All in good fun! After Festivus, I went and spent a few hours with friends of ours who had a baby on the 30th. I got to hold him and 'mash him a little and I have to admit that I had a little baby envy. I can't help it!

It was a busy and fun weekend- it was quick and over. Not the way I like the weekends to be these days, but at least we saw a lot of family and friends.

1 comment:

Kim Cervone said...

Underwareand a foam finger...that party really ran the gammit in strange gifts. Sounds like a great weekend. I think this next one will be equally fun, Daisy troop leader!