Friday, November 28, 2008

So many things to be thankful for.

Yesterday we had dinner at my mom's house. We spent the entire day there from about 2-9 or so. We dined witm my mom and dad, my sister and her husband, my little sister, my grandpa and his lady friend. I looked around the table covered with food and drink and realized we have so many things to be thankful for.

We have the gift of life. We have GOD who is above all. We have our family. Without Jay and the girls, my life would not be as full as it is today. Without my mom and dad and siblings, I wouldn't have to support I have on a daily basis. Without my parents, I wouldn't have the best possible care for my kids when I need to leave them. We have food and shelter and heat and water. There are so many people out there- especially this year- that are going without the basic neccessities in life. Jay has a job. One that I am unbelieveably thankful that he has. He is still working a lot of hours and for that I am eternally grateful. So many others haven't got it as good as we do. There isn't one thing right now that any of us REALLY need. We ave everything we need to live and so much more. We are blessed. We really are.

Jay and I sat up and talked last night well into the early morning hours. I realized how lucky I am to have him and how lucky we are to have the relationship that we do. We were just like little teenagers bullshitting the night away. We talked about all the things we have and about all the things we have done and are going to do with our lives. I am thankful that he and I have such a connection and that we honestly and truly are one another's best friends. I am thankful that he is such an awesome father to our girls. They really are lucky to have him. We all are.

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours. I hope your day was as filled with blessings as ours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving. We're so blessed, aren't we. ((hug)) love you