Saturday, November 29, 2008

Now thats a challenge

We finished decorating the tree just now.

All my life, I have had a hodge podge tree. Every ornament from when Jay and I were kids and every ornament we have collected together as a family. There are a lot of ornaments involved. My parents buy us each an ornament every year, we buy one for each of the kids and each other. There is a minimum of 10 new ornaments every year on the tree. We actually have six trees in our house every year. This year I have to buy one more because I am short the one for our bedroom since I gave it to Cecelia last year. Em and Elle have Princess Pony trees and Cecelia will do another year with my Hallmark Winnie the Pooh collection because she isn't old enough to tell me what she really wants. Our tree is crystal and silver and the one in the kitchen has red and while bulbs on it. The one in the downstairs family room in a real tree that we save from the woods covered with S'more ornaments. They are my little downfall. I love those little S'more guys. I think to date I might have 30 of them? Sooooo cute! I love trees. I love ornaments.

When we first got married, it was an all day ordeal. We would sip cocktails, take a break, reminisce and have a day of it. Then Em came along, and Elle, and Cecelia. Now, I kind of hold my breath while we decorate the tree. Today was a task in itself. I had to unpack ornaments and hold Cecelia back at the same time. It was not an easy job. I suppose we could have waited till naptime, but what fun would that have been. Our entire wood floor is covered in quilts just in case anyone dropped one. I am going to finish putting on all the fragile bulbs when everyone is sleeping. Then Jay and I will have our quiet time by the tree. It's tradition and I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds beautiful!!

Jen said...

Let's see some pictures, sounds so pretty!!

Kim Cervone said...

Oh my goodness!! I guess you would need six trees for all of those ornaments. It must be awesome for each of you to wake up to a christmas tree every morning. Reminds you to get into the Christmas spirit before anything else can take you out of it. What fun...I want pictures of the trees!!