Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy December

And the countdown begins.

21 days until our annual Christmas cookie baking
22 days until my nephew is "home." (and my brother and sister in law too) I can't wait to see him! (and them, too, I guess)
23 days until Christmas Eve. My favorite day of the year.
24 days until CHRISTMAS.
30 days left in the year. ZOINKS!

This is fixing to be another whirlwind month. I love the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, though. We are cutting way back this year and making a new tradition. One in which Christmas is about JESUS and HIS birthday not about how many presents are under the tree and how much credit card debt we have come January. It's so hard as a parent not to buy everything on the shelves at TRU, but we really want to make it about HIM and not US.

Happy December everyone. Enjoy what's left of 2008. Enjoy your families and your friends this season.

2 comments:

Jen said...

It's crazy that we have almost reached the end of the year! And just think our girls have been in Kindergarten for 3 months now!

Christine said...

Amen, to everything! This is going to be a great month! Can we get the girls together soon or what? ;)