Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Turkey

The girls and I made this very large turkey for the back of the front door. I gave them all the feathers to decorate and Emily worked hard on writing things that she was thankful for. Elizabeth drew her own pictures and I wrote her words for her. We spent a good long time talking about all the things we were thankful for and all the things that we have. What a great project. Mr. Turkey is still up. I just can't bring myself to take him down. The girls figure that we should make a Christmas Tree this month and list the things we are thankful for on that. Now, thats getting with the spririt of the season!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome idea! I love it!

Jen said...

So cute!! Anna made a similiar one at school and it was hard to take down as well since it was so sweet!

Danielle said...

That's such a great idea! Oh, and to do a Christmas Tree and make little ornaments with the things you are thankful for on it would be so cute! Hmmm, I might have to steal that idea. ;-)

Kim Cervone said...

Fantastic idea! That is the teacher in you! I am definitely stealing that idea!