Monday, December 8, 2008

Gotta love a productive weekend!

Saturday my mom wanted to keep the girls overnight. We had other plans, but this was the ONLY weekend between now and Christmas that she could watch them so Jay and I could get out and do our annual Christmas shopping. So, we cancelled our other plans and away we went.

We dropped the girls off at noon and headed out. We got to Target around 1 and spent a good amount of time there. Dropped a ton of money, too. Thankfully I had a lot of cash saved up here and there so we didn't have to charge anything. Whew. We shopped the entire day stopping at 9:30 for dinner and finally finishing around 11. The good news is that aside from one big ticket item for the girls and three giftcards we are DONE! Everything is sorted and in piles in my secret hiding place ready to be wrapped. I do have to go out and get Jay something, but I can do that one afternoon by myself. No biggie.

Whew. That was a big weight lifted off my shoulders. There was a lot of money spent, but not as much as years past, so I think we did well. Now onto wrapping. Thats my favorite part. I am sure I will start that this weekend while the girls are tucked into bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome!!

Danielle said...

How awesome! I wish I could get someone to watch my kids for the better part of a day so I could finish up. Honestly, I'm almost done though and did most of my shopping online, which was nice because I didn't have to battle the crowds in the stores. Oh, and do you want to come and wrap my presents? I think it's fun for about the first 3 and then I'm over it! LOL

Kim Cervone said...

What a fun tradition! Eric and I had the girls spend the night at my mom's Thanksgiving and tried Black Friday for the first time. It was fun. Maybe we'll make it our tradition. Thanks for the idea!