Saturday, December 20, 2008

Be proud.

We had our first officially non-family baby-sitter last night.
My sister's friend, Kim, has baby-sat before but I consider her family.
We had the girl across the street over to stay with the girls.

We had gotten invited to our old neighbors annual Christmas party but it was a Friday so I knew we wouldn't be able to make it with Jay working. Then because of the snow, they called off work, so we were able to go. I called my cousin's first to no avail. Then, I called Cassie since her dad volunteered her earlier in the day. Her parents were attending the same party as us and Cassie was thrilled to come and stay with the girls. She didn't come over til 8, so everyone was already in their jammies and ready to sleep.

According to Em and Elle, she was a lot of fun and before I even left the house, Cecelia was feeding Cassie M and Ms, so I think she liked her too!

I am so glad that everyone had fun. It was nice to have a night out with my husband and friends. I think I could get used to having a sitter right across the street. I think we may have found a great match for the family- not that she will ever replace Busia and Dziadzia, but its nice to know we have even more availability. Especially on short notice things. :)

I'm so proud of me. I guess I am not as anal as I had originally thought. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH!!! FINALLY!!!! ;)

Kim Cervone said...

We recently took the pluncge too. Opens up a whole new world, don't it??