Thursday, December 11, 2008

I didn't think I would be this sad

but I am and I can't help it.

I think Cecelia is done nursing.
I was planning on 18 months or self weaning whichever came first.
Well, I have been slowly cutting back and have refused her in the middle of the night.
The last two nights when I rocked her to sleep, she showed no interest, so I didn't offer.
Trust me, she is the one to plop the suckie out as soon as I sit down with her in our big black chair.
So, she went to sleep last night and tonight without nursing. Thats TWO WHOLE DAYS without.
I am fairly certain she is done nursing. Just. Like. That.

Same thing Elle did to me, only Elle went from nursing 4-6 times a day to NOTHING. That was a whole lotta pain and a whole lotta tears.
This time, it's just a whole lotta tears. :(

The crappiest thing is I bought her the cutest pair of nursing advocacy overalls from a friend a while back. They are a 2T, so she isn't going to be able to wear them. :( And they are so cute, too. :(

3 comments:

Christine said...

(((hugs))) I feel your sadness. Mia did the same thing, I started to refuse her a little and then bing bang boom - DONE. It's the start of a new beginning into toddlerhood!

Unknown said...

It's a bittersweet day. (((hugs)))

Kim Cervone said...

I am sad for you. She can still wear her cute overalls though. You followed through on the commitment!