Thursday, March 20, 2008

Girl talk

This morning I was laying in bed finishing up nursing Cecelia. She was almost alseep. Elle was snuggled in next to me with her leg thrown over my body and I was revelling in the love. All of a sudden I felt someone at my feet. I thought it was the cat, but to my surprise it was Em. Jay was already home and in bed, so there really wasn't a whole lotta room (I keep telling him we NEED that king size bed.) I told Em to meet me in her bed.

I unlatched Cecelia and left her sleeping in the crib we have side carred on the bed and joined Emily in her bed. Mind you it was 6:27 am so I assumed that I would snuggle in for a minute and she would go back to bed. Ha! I was wrong. She and I laid in bed until 8am laughing and talking and tickling. It has to be one of my most favorite moments in the last month. It amazes me that I was so tired, yet I had no interest in sleeping because I was having totally uninterupted time with my Em and I wouldn't have had it any other way. What a great way to wake up in the morning- even at 6:30! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

<3 That sounds so delightful!! <3

Jen said...

A perfect morning!! What a great way to start spring!!

Tiffany said...

so sweet! Treasure those moments mama!

Lauren said...

What a great way to wake up!!

Kim Cervone said...

New big girl fun makes losing that little baby a little easier doesn't it? Next step, shopping for prom dresses!!!