Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning

What beautiful weather today, huh? Man. I had the furnace off and every window open. It was gorgeous. I got the sudden itch to clean. I couldn't stop cleaning. I started with the bedrooms upstairs. Jay set up the shelf we bought for the girls' room. It's one of those Target cubicle ones with the "drawers" that go in it. It's awesome! Now every pony and Barbie and Ponyville piece, and Barbie's little sister has a place. I love the organization! I got some drawers cleaned out in our room and did a thorough vacuuming job. Tomorrow I would love to attack the walls in the bedrooms with some hot water and vinegar and do the bathroom. Then, I will move onto level two and do the kitchen and family room. Then level three and hit the living room and toy area. Sunday I will take a break and Monday will be my day of rest. Tuesday I will hit the final level-the basement- and that might take an eternity. Ugh. I HATE the basement. I am on a mission to clear out 1/3 of the stuff we have in the basement. I will either sell it, throw it or donate it. Perfect timing, too. Elle's birthday party is in one week from tomorrow. Ever since I was pregnant with her, spring cleaning has been a BIG deal to me. It started out as nesting in 2005 and every year it continues to make my house immaculate in time for her birthday shin dig. I love it! Look out world! I am spring cleaning!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love organization and cleaning and clearing too. I have 5 bags and 2 boxes of stuff waiting for the Kidney Foundation on Tuesday. And I've cleaned so much in the last week. Feels good huh?! Good luck getting it all done before the party!

Jen said...

My house is waiting for you!!!LOL!! I've started sorting through some stuff too!!! Hope you are having fun at the waterpark!!

Kim Cervone said...

Let me just give you my address so you can work your way over here...you go girl!