Monday, March 31, 2008

The Gym

I did it! The unthinkable. The thing I swore I would never do. The thing that was supposed to cost me so much money that I wouldn't be able to afford it. I JOINED A GYM! And let me just say how much I love it. My friend, Kim, was telling me one time about how little she pays for her gym membership. I called and scheduled a tour and signed up on the spot. I go to World Gym and LOVE IT! They have a kid club that the big girls adore (and Cecelia doesn't know better yet.) I have a really hard time leaving her behind, but the girls in there are great and Em and Elle keep an eye out for their baby sister. Plus, I am in the building should they need me.

I went for my orientation and have to admit that I was a little overwhelmed, but I went back two days later and got to work on the machines. I am so pleased with myself. I do an hour every time I go and truthfully that hour goes by so fast. I went today by myself. Dropped EM off at school and headed out. Daddy enjoyed a little time with Elle and Ce and Mommy enjoyed a little "me" time. I lasted 10 whole minutes on the elliptical. Thats the hardest thing there for me. It kicks my butt. Its a good kicking though. LOL

I can do this. I will do this. I HAVE to do this. For myself. For my family. I will be fit and in shape and lose a whole lotta this jiggle. Off to bed. We are gonna be at the gym by 11 am tomorrow.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww I am so happy for you!!! Congrats. You'll get better on the E, it's a great workout!!! Congrats again and enjoy your "me" time!!

Unknown said...

YEAH!! I'm happy you've taken the step. It's a great feeling to know you're doing something for youself, isn't it? I'm proud of you.

Jen said...

So very proud of you!! Glad it's going so well.

Kim Cervone said...

I've seen you work it at the gym, and you ROCK!!! Keep it up!