Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter

What a blessed day we had for Easter! After celebrating a little on Saturday for Elle's b-day, we woke up early in the morning on Sunday to Emily whispering that Easter Bunny had left eggs all over her floor. :) I told her to get a few and we shared some jelly beans first thing in the morning. The girls and Jay found their baskets and picked up eggs. I made breakfast and we got ready for church. Church was amazingly packed. We got there 20 minutes before mass started and still ended up in the "nose bleed" section. It was so wonderful to see all the people there. The girls of course were so well behaved and sat like little angels reading their new Bibles that Easter Bunny brought them.

After church we headed to Jay's parents and had an Easter lunch with his parents and his brother, sister in law and our nephew. What a great time we had hanging out with the family. I especially enjoyed it cause Cecelia slept 90% of the time we were there and I got to spend the entire time with our nephew, feeding him, playing with him and talking to him. I waited so very long to have a nephew or niece to spoil, it's so nice to get to spend quality time with him. I love it! I love him!

After Jay's parents, we headed to my grandpa's and had another dinner with my entire family. I think there were probably 30 or 40 of us there. We spent a lot of time catching up with family and enjoying their company. The girls hunted for baskets from Auntie Lisa and Auntie Laura. THen they ran around like mad with their little cousins Adam and Austin. My cousin Duane's wife was pregnant and due a week after I was with Elizabeth. We shared a lot of our pregnancies. Elle decided to come 2.5 weeks early and Austin was a week late, so they are almost exactly a month apart. It was so fun to see them play. Throw in all the sugar and it was utter madness.

We got home and the girls crashed pretty fast. They watched the first 10 minutes of The Bee Movie and were out cold. Now I am still digging out from all the candy filled eggs and gifts and baskets and toys....Eventually I will have the house back in order. Tomorrow we are headed to the gym at 11am. I signed up yesterday and tomorrow is my orientation. The girls will hang out in childwatch and I will spend an hour getting to know the machines. I can't wait. Again. I am going to lose this stubborn weight. Watch me go!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter!! My house looks the Easter Bunny threw up, LOL!! I hope to get it all put away today!

Have fun at the gym!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great holiday! I'm glad you have such a great family. I just let the boys gorge themselves on candy and now it's all gone. It's safer for ME that way. LOL

ENJOY THE GYM!!!!!! I'm proud of you!

Kim Cervone said...

You go girl...you are losing that weight. I didn't know it was you when I walked Avery to class today. Guess it wasn't so stubborn, huh? Sounds like a wonderful, food filled Easter!