Tuesday, March 25, 2008

What a happy birthday party

Saturday we celebrated Miss Elizabeth's 3rd birthday with the family. What a great day! Jay and I decided that we wanted a Polish feast, since we did a Mexican fiesta for her 2nd birthday (Dora themed per her request) and Emily's last birthday was Italian food. Polish food it was. I made kielbasa, golabkis, pierogis and my mom made kluski and kapusta for us since I have never made it before. YUMMY! Elle's cake was a cupcake tower per her request again and we had three kinds of ice cream and mini cheesecakes that Auntie Lisa made. Super yummy food for sure.

The theme this year was Ariel the Little Mermaid. I pick the theme for the first birthday and after that they get to pick whatever they want. Since last August when we were at Party City picking Em's stuff, Elle has wanted Little Mermaid and so it was. What fun!

She got so many nice gifts. Busia and Dziaz gave her money, Grandpa and Grandma gave her a doll, Auntie Lisa and Uncle Rob got her dance stuff and a Leapster game, Auntie Laura and Donovan got her a hot girl jacket and money, Uncle Jerry, Aunt Lynn and Luke got her some Ponyville houses and a Pony phone, Uncle Leon, Aunt Jaylene and Lucias sent a card and made a deposit in her Charles Schwabb account and from Mommy, Daddy, Em and Cecelia she got her Leapster, a game for it and 101 Dalmatians on dvd.

We ate a lot, played a lot and all around enjoyed each other's company. What a great day we had. Afterwards Jay and I reminisced and talked about all the memories and about how much we love being parents. We really do. If money were no object, I would have no problem having a few more- Hell, who am I kidding? If they were all as easy as the three we have, I'd have no problem having 8 or 10....but who wants to finance that for me???

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like the perfect 3rd birthday!! I'm glad she had such a great day!!