Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day weekend

This one's gonna take some time....

Our weekend started Friday. My brother, Leon, his wife Jaylene and little man Lucias flew in for the weekend. WE all met at my mom and dad's for dinner and our first visit of the weekend. We BBQ'ed and hung out with the babers and stayed way too late. It was so great to see the three of them and so so so very great to hold and cuddle my nephew.

Saturday we spent the majority of the day with Jay's family for his nephew Luke's first birthday party. I still can't imagine that the little man is a year old. I remember going to meet him at the hospital the day he was born. I was still pregnant with Cecelia and laughed to him that he was laying on his baby cousin. I could feel my baby kicking him from the inside and it was the most magical thing. The party was great, we had a lot of time to spend with Jay's cousins and aunts and uncles. After we left there we headed back out to my mom and dads cause my brother was having a party with all of his friends. We got there late, but had some time to visit. My dad lit off some fireworks and we all just hung out.

Sunday we went back to my mom and dad's after stopping to pick up a Dairy Queen ice cream cake since I had NO time to make my dessert I was supposed to bring. We had dinner with my dad's family- all 40 ish of us. I think everyone was there except my cousins Duane and Kerry and their two boys which kinda sucked cause we didn't get a pic of all 7 great grandkids. ugh. We met my cousin Tracey's baby Noilyn from Costa Rica. She's a doll. We took plenty of pictures that I will be sure to post as soon as I can. I need to play around with it and figure out how to post more than one pic at a time. (I know...I know...Miss computer illiterate over here)

Monday we took the day off from visiting cause Elizabeth was coughing and I didn't want her to spread germs. Especially since she sounded kinda croupy. Yuck! Tuesday (my birthday) we headed to Pizza Hut for our traditional birthday lunch. Everyone was there except Laura cause she got stuck in a meeting that she couldn't get out of and Rob cause his meeting got moved up and he was in Livonia. We got home from Pizza Hut and Elle was covered in a rash, so I assumed she had roseola, but by evening the rash dissipitated, so I am not sure what the issue was. My mom and dad took Leon and Jaylene and Lucias to the airport and home they went. I miss them already- they won't be back till Christmas!!!!

Thats our weekend in a nutshell. Busy, but fun! Lots of family and friends and great conversation. To me, thats more important than anything else in the world!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend and time with your family!!

Hope Elle is better!