Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm having a love affair

I'll admit it. I will own up to it. I am having a love affair with the gym. I am in love. (at least for this week and last) I was there 5 times last week and have started this week off right by spending 75 minutes there today. The girls love going to the Kids Club- yes, even Cecelia. Plus, the women in there love her, so she gets a bit of extra attention. I have been reading my Bob Harper book and in it he says to spend the first four weeks of your time in the gym doing cardio, so thats what I have been doing. I alternate between the stair master, the elliptical, the treadmill and the bike. Surprisingly I could spend the whole amount of time on the ellipitical. I love it. Thats amazing considering the first time I went I had a hard time cranking out 6 minutes and today I did 45!!! I am so proud of me.

So far the healthy eating thing has been a breeze for me. I am back to counting calories and even have enough left during the day to have a sherbert cone in the evening. I must be doing something right- I have lost 5 lbs in one week and while I know those results are not typical I am still pretty darn excited! Again, I am so proud of me!!

We had a slow uneventful weekend. We went out to dinner Saturday evening to celebrate Jay's dad's 70th birthday and Sunday we worked outside a bit and cleaned a bit and then watched the storms that left a big fat mess in the neighborhood. We are waiting for our neighbors behind us to pick up their LARGE tree limb that cracked and is laying in our yard, inches from the garage. In fact, I doubt Jay will get back there to paint unless its moved- so hopefully thats soon!

Hope everyone made it thru the storms okay and hopefully your power is all up and running. My mom called and they FINALLY got theirs restored at 7pm. Yikes. Until next time....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know just how you feel. I miss my gym...weekends are so hard for me to get there and with all the end of school stuff going on this week...I just haven't made it.

Congrats on the 5 lbs!

Kim Cervone said...

The gym is my Zoloft...it's even better now that the Laurence girls are there : )