Thursday, June 26, 2008

Somebody please hold my hand.....

I am back on the horse again. I have to get this done. We are doing okay, but could be better (isn't that the story of EVERYONE in this world?) I got started once, I can do it again. I have to stop being so afraid. I have to grab the bull by the horns. Suck it up and go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to go back to school. I have been talking about it for years. I wanted to start spring semester, but Cecelia was too small and needy. I am doing it this fall!!!!!!!! I am going to set up a meeting with a financial advisor and an academic advisor and I am doing it. As far as I know, I have ONE class to take until I can enroll in the nursing program and then one class to take while I am on the waiting list. I think it might be advisable to take a few of my classes over to boost my GPA but we will wait on that to see what "they" say. It's funny to look at my transcripts and see how my grades improved as I went from being an 18 year old college student to being a 22 year old "career" woman. Kinda makes me giggle.

I KNOW I can do this. I am smart. I am a go-getter. I USED to pull some great grades- honor roll ALL thru school- elementary-highschool. I just need to remember how to do this. I need to find the time. I need to rely a little more on my husband and a little less on myself all the time. He can take care of the house and the kids. He's good at it. I just never give him much of a chance since he works so freaking hard all the time. But, I have to stand back and realize what I want in life. I don't want to live my life worrying about money and Jay's job. I want to know that we have money for whatever we want. And I want to know that I am contributing and that IF Jay were to get laid off, we would have me to rely on. I. CAN. DO. THIS! I figure if I get into the program within one year of applying, I can be working by 2012- that seems eons away, but that's only 3.5 years!!!!!! Emily will be 3rd grade, Elle in 1st, Cecelia in Kindergarten (right??) and MAYBE if we have one more he or she will be in preschool or pretty darn close. Thats exactly when I wanted to go back. When my baby started school. So, four MORE years of penny pinching. We can handle that.

Now, all I need is a kick in the ass and someone to hold my hand and tell me it's going to be okay and that my kids will survive this. :)

5 comments:

Jen said...

Here's your kick in the ass,LOL!! You CAN do it and the kids WILL be okay. What a great example you will be setting for your girls!!

Unknown said...

Yep. Yep. Yep.
You can, you will and they can and they will. I have faith in you. It's hard and it's not easy on anyone, but they short term sacrifice is worth the long term goal...or so I've been told. LOL

Marissa said...

good luck, how exciting and what a great example you're setting for your girls!! :)

Kim Cervone said...

Your kids will not only survive this but will bebetter people for knowing that their mommy is so strong and determined. COnsider your hand held. You will be a wonderful nurse in 2012!!!x0

Lauren said...

WTG Lorene!! You'll do it and I know you'll be setting great examples for the girls :) Good luck with everything. :)