Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cleaning

I swear all I do on a regular basis is clean. I seriously have been cleaning since Sunday and walking into the house, you would never guess it. My mother even came over on Monday evening to entertain the kids while I cleaned. I got the basement all in order, but the rest of the house is another story. It seems like everytime I get one area picked up and move onto another area, the kids have the first area messed up again.

And Hurricane Cecelia? Dang, that kid can REALLY mess up a room. Especially if its a room with any kind of books or paper. You should see what she can do with five minutes alone in her bedroom with the book case. Or 30 seconds alone in the front room with my magazine stacks. lol. She is always into something.

I swear that from Friday evening till Saturday when the guests arrive for the party, I am locking the kids up in an empty room while I do the last minute details. Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe we'll have to have movie night on Friday while Momma cooks her little heart out and bakes a few cakes and a few hundred cookies. Good times. Fun times.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds familiar and exhausting!!!!!!

Lauren said...

I am doing the same thing and it's never ending. I wish I could wave a wand and it would all be done. And that the kids would not touch anything! lol Enjoy C's party :) Can't believe a whole year has gone by?!?!