Thursday, September 25, 2008

Splash Village

It's been almost two weeks since we went, so I suppose I should blog all about it. I was really hoping to have a bunch of new pictures, but my camera crapped out, so I guess I got nothin'.

We had a great time! We got up EARLY Sunday morning and dropped Cecelia off at my mom and dad's at 10am! We had donuts and coffee and juice with them and headed out. The rain on the way there was horrible. It was pouring so hard, it was near white out conditions. We kept going and finally got there. The girls were so excited when we pulled in and they weren't even that worried about getting wet while running into the hotel. They actually had our room ready when we got there at 1. I was surprised. We changed into our suits and headed to the waterpark. The girls went on ALLLLLL the waterslides- even the big ones with Jay and I! They were thrilled!

We had lunch at the cafe there and went back. In all, I think we spent something like 7 hours in the waterpark. The best part was that we were 4 of like 35 people in the whole waterpark. There was NO ONE there! We got back to our room and ordered pizza to our room and ate it in bed. How often do my kids do that? Ummm..never! Then we loaded in the van at 9:00 and went to look at all the Christmas lights in the Bronners parking lot. The girls crashed out and Jay and I stayed up and watched HGTV and talked about how lucky we are to be so blessed.

Monday morning we got up to hit Birch Run for a few stops and headed back to pick up Cecelia. I missed her something fierce. I think that she missed me too cause she smothered me in kisses when I picked her up. She was so happy to see me, but I KNOW that she had a riot with Busia and Dziaz. This was the first time she got complete and total one on one time with them and she was so excited. She learned a few new things and I think she might have grown over night.

We are so lucky to have what we have. Three beautiful girls, a great relationship and the ability to be able to take a little trip here and there for quality family time. We are also EXTREEEEMELY blessed to have people like my parents in out lives who drop everything to help us out and who genuinely enjoy time spent with our kids!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like a blast!!

Sorry your camera took a dump on ya!

Kim Cervone said...

It is a wonderful thing, too, to be aware of the blessing s you have. SOme people take that for granted. I'm glad you had such a great time together. xo

Unknown said...

Sounds like everyone had a BLAST!! Sorry about your camera! :(

Christine said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend I would like to take soon with the older ones! :) Glad you spent that quality time together!