Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Fun!

We started our Labor Day weekend with a impromptu trip to Oak Beach (up near Caseville) to visit Jay's parents. They have had their camper up there ALLLLL summer and this was only the second time we were there. Its been too busy of a summer thats for sure. So, we hit Oak Beach and spent the entire day hangin' out and spending time as a family. We went to Prot Austin in the evening and watched the sun set over the lake. It was gorgeous!

Sunday we dropped the girls off at my mom and dads and went to the craft show at the Peach Festival. Then we went back and swam and had dinner. After that, we headed back up to The Peach Festival and watched the bed races and classic car cruise. We headed over to the fair and the girls had a riot on a few rides, had an elephant ear and some cotton candy compliments of Auntie Lisa and Uncle Rob. I think we got home Sunday night just before midnight. Good times. Fun times.

Monday we hung out at home and relaxed. I had a TERRIBLE day and was very emotional thinking of the start of Kindergarten. I cried half the day- a few times in the pantry and few times in the bathroom. (couldn't let Em know how sad I was feeling) I am not sure what the deal was. I think it was a combo of feeling old, feeling like my baby was leaving, I'm not so sure. I was a wreck, though. We did get out of the house and went to Home Depot and Lowes and went out to dinner. Then we came home, had baths and got to bed early.

A great weekend to wrap up our fun filled summer. Can it be that fall is right around the corner already? YIKES!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun at the lake! Sorry you had a rough time with Kindergarten!