Saturday, September 13, 2008

Elizabeth...oh Elizabeth


I figured that I should do an "Elizabeth post" just to keep everyone equal. Th kid cracks me up and there is never a dull moment with her. She likes to accessorize more than any kid I have ever met. She is all about dresses (and matching hats- see side pictures) and wears the same few dresses all week. I am not sure what we are going to do come winter time and we have to put the sundresses and nightgowns away. She was the first one to take on the challenge of swimming underwater this summer and actually does it quite well. She is almost brave enough to attempt sommersaults underwater. I guess we will save that one for next year.


I was seriously feeling a little guilty for not enrolling Elle in 3 year old preschool this year. Emily never went- only to 4 year preschool and thats my plan with all the kids. Well, I assumed it was going to be very hard for her to say good bye to Em and not be going anywhere herself. Was I wrong! The kid is doing SOOOOOO well being at home with Cecelia and me. She is a whole different person when she is the "big kid" and she and I are having a riot during Cecelia's naptime. I am allowing for more one on one time with her and the time is just precious. She is growing and learning by leaps and bounds and I think she really enjoys our time together now more than ever. I have a very good feeling now about keeping her home one more year. I love the feeling you have when you know a choice that you have made turns out to be the right one. Ahhhh...such peace and happiness.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, how great! I'm so happy to hear she's doing well with Em gone and enjoying her momma time!

Jen said...

I'm sure it extra nice to get a litle "extra" time with Mom when big sis is gone. She is gtting so big and cuter than ever!

Kim Cervone said...

It is always the right decision when you follow your gut. BEAUTIFUL pictures...we miss you guys!