Monday, October 27, 2008

Daisies

We had our first Daisy meeting tonight and while I was scared to death about being a Leader, I think I might actually enjoy it. It was a big thing for me to take on this challenge. I tend to be more of an introvert and spend my days at home with my family (can you even believe that???) I used to be very outgoing, but the longer I am a SAHM, the harder it is for me to get out. I challenged myself to do this and so far so good.

We had five girls total show up today, but I think I have 3-5 more prospects. I am thrilled since only two weeks ago it was Emily and me. Whew. Thank goodness we have a troop. I am excited to get to know "my girls" and see where things take us this year. I have informed everyone that this is my learning year and to bear with me, so wish me luck!

The best part is when we were walking out of the meeting, after she had helped me clean up all the chairs and tables, Emily grabbed my hand and said, "I am so glad that you are going to be my Leader forever. Thank you Momma, I had so much fun with my friends."

Yep! This is gonna be so worth it! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww!!! Love that Elizabeth!
GOOD LUCK!

Jen said...

Glad it went so well!!!

Kim Cervone said...

Avery wants to be in your troop too. How did I miss that? When is your next meeting??