Monday, October 20, 2008

Thats the craziest thing I have ever heard

We celebrated our anniversary yesterday. We started out at Jay's parent's church because it was also their anniversary (40 years!!!!) and they had a Jubilee mass for all the milestone anniversaries. So we went and celebrated with them and Jay's brother, sister in law and nephew. We had a nice little snack in the church social hall and we came home to meet my sister Lisa so she could watch the girls while Jay and I went to celebrate on our own.

Everytime we drive thru downtown Rochester I always say how much I would enjoy parking and walking up and down and visiting all the quaint little shops. Being that we had no big plans, thats what we decided to do yesterday. A nice relaxing day. We made reservations for dinner at Kruse and Muer and headed out to Rochester. We go there, parked near the restaurant since we knew we wouldn't feel much like walking after we dined and set out walking. We made it to one end of the block when we realized that none of the shops were open! *shock* It's Sunday afternoon at three o'clock. How can they not be open? Apparently shop owners in Rochester don't do business on Sunday. It was a perfect day and a lot of people were in town, so I thought it was pretty crazy. We ended up going over to the Village of Rochester and had a snack at the Toll house Cafe and shopped a little in Whole Foods. I guess we will have to plan another day in downtown Rochester. This time we'll shoot for a Saturday I suppose.

All in all we had a beautiful day together. I must admit that I do really miss my little boogers when I am not with them. It was pretty nice though to engage in some adult conversation at dinner and have a few drinks. The best part was that I didn't have to cut up any food for anyone. :) Thank you Auntie Lisa for taking such good care of the girls. We apreciate it more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!!