Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Library

We have lived in our house almost four years. We have been to the library, but never to the programs they offer. The problem is before school started, we weren't the earliest risers on the block. All the programs start sometime between 10 and 11. Prior to September, we were lucky if we were out of bed by 10 or 11.

So, now that I am up at 7am and the girls are up shortly after, we put Em on the bus and the little girls and I hit the library. I am thrilled with the programs they offer. Most of the time we just hit story time at 10am. This week, though, they have had many different offerings. We went to a puppet show, a Halloween party with Trick or Treating and today we even took Em to Afterschool Explorers for school age kids. While she was in her program, Elle, Cece and I colored, read and did puzzles for an hour in the kids room.

I am very pleased with our library and I am thoroughly impressed that we use the resources as much as we do. The girls ALL love going- even little Cece. I couldn't be happier to be living where we are! :)

(okay- well. I lied- maybe about 10 more acres, a few cows and chickens and a big tractor in the barn and I could be A LITTLE happier.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss that library!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

i've heard great things about that library!! Keep enjoying it :)