Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Sweetest Day

This is a big day for us! Technically it's not our anniversary. By date, that's tomorrow, October 19th. But by day, today, Saturday, Sweetest Day, it IS our anniversary. Jay and I got married SIX years ago this very day. Sweetest day was always a BIG deal for us. We never made it the Hallmark holiday everyone else did, but every year since the day we met, we sent Sweetest Day on Mackinac Island. It was the best time to go. Every shop was closing up for the winter and everything was cheap. There was never anyone there, so even the hotels were cheap.

For July 4th 2001, Jay and I had a trip planned to the Upper Peninsula and my friend Amy swore that he was going to propose. I kinda had a feeling, but then I knew it couldn't be because I had packed his whole suitcase (cause I am that kinda girlfriend lol) and I knew he didn't have the time to slip a ring in and I knew that he didn't get together with my dad which was something that was very dear to the both of us- my dad's permission. Anyway, I told my friend Amy that if indeed he did propose while we were on vacation, we would get married on Sweetest Day 2002. Sure enough. He did and WE DID. The rest is history.

Our wedding was THE BEST. It was laid back and fun. There was a lot of liquor flowing and I was barefoot. What more could a girl ask for? I was married to my best friend and I was having a riot. To this day, people still talk about our wedding- how much fun they had, how good the food was, how awesome the band was.....We had it at a K of C hall with a Polish band and an open bar. There were a few more than 400 people there and we all had a great time. One of these days we are going to throw the same kinda shin dig. Yeah, one of these days when I can fit back into my wedding dress. We say we'd like to do it for our 10th anniversary, but I think I'd rather see Europe instead. We'll see. I guess we have 4 years to figure it out. :)

Happy Anniversary Husband! We've made it thru six years. They haven't always been the happiest of times but I would do it again in a heartbeat! I'll take you: the good, the bad and the ugly. :) LOVE YOU! Here's to 66 more!!!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Have a great Anniversary!!!