Wednesday, October 1, 2008

This time last year part II

I ran into Emily's preschool teacher while I was at school doing a bulletin board. She asked how the family was and I told her the short version. She asked how the baby was and I told her she was going to be one tomorrow. She couldn't believe it. I said, "Seems like yesterday I was standing outside the classroom waiting for Emily while I was in labor." We had a good laugh.

One year ago at this very moment, I was tying up the lose ends at home while taking breaks in between to walk the stairs or rest on my birth ball. I was crying on the phone with my mom telling her to get home from my uncle's funeral as fast as she could and I was spending the last few hours with my TWO girls before I had THREE kids. At 6:30 pm, Jay's parents came to stay with the girls until my parents got home and we were headed to the hospital.

Seems like yesterday.
Stay tuned for part III...

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh how time goes by so fast when you are having fun!!! It seems like yesterday we were all pushing you to take a test at the TS party ;)

Unknown said...

Gosh. How time flies!!!

Lauren! I remember that! Funny how I knew she was pregnant and she wouldn't go get the test! LOL