Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bathroom update

We are plugging away at the bathroom. Jay and I are the only people I know who would start a painting project a week (6 day to be exact) before a party. We are that crazy.

The bright side is that we got two coats on bright white on the celing yesterday so the ceiling looks all pretty and new. Last night after I got the kids to bed, I slapped a coat on the walls. I was up till 2am! Today we'll put one more coat on the walls and I will paint the cabinets. By tomorrow afternoon we should be hanging up the shower curtain. It goes fast once you get started, but you have to get started first.

After the party, I am going to attempt to paint the countertop to look like granite. (anything is an improvement at this point and we can't afford a complete remodel just yet) And Jay is planning on putting up crown moulding- which is good since I have a few mishaps trimming in the ceiling. Haha!

I swear that our house is a never ending project zone. There is aways one project or another going on here. We have a list that we keep crossing stuff off of and updating. Eventually we will have everything the way we like it. By then we will be shopping for a new house. lol

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like it moving along pretty quickly! Can't wait to see it!

Kim Cervone said...

Home improvements are always fun...until you actually start the work! Can't wait to see it...especailly the faux granite. I might be using you for my counters!