Monday, August 4, 2008

Sterling Fest 2008

REO Speedwagon was playing this year and lets face it- I sparkley love me some 80's music. So, we went in the afternoon with the kiddies and my parents met us there for a little craft-show action and then took the kids home with them. We stayed back and planned on hitting the concert then the beer tent.

Welllll...those of you who know me well know I HATE large crowds. I am not amused by loads of people touching me, bumping me, spilling beer on me. NOT FUN. Sooo...we headed over to the bandshell where I think everyone in the tri-county area was pushing thru trying to see the band. I nixed that idea right away and we ended up just going straight to the beer tent, but not before fighting massive crowds. It was unbelieveable.

After what seemed like an eternity, we did get into the Suds and Sounds tent and had a table outside. Not so bad. We had a nice visit with a few old friends and stayed till the place closed. From there we headed over to a brewery in Warren and finally got home about 3am!!

The girls (including Cecelia) stayed the night with Busia and Dziaz. Cecelia did wonderfully. I had my doubts, but apparently my mom would take her again in a heartbeat. It makes me so happy to know that I have the best place EVER to leave the kids when need be. Now that Cecelia has made her first official over nighter, I don't think there will be any more excuses to give to Busia and I am pretty sure she will have them even more often. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad you got to get out and have some fun(eventually). Sounds like the girls did great too!!